Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Camilla's New Job


Thanks to Jeanette's 25 Random things about herself, reminding me of days when we stomped on cans and watched them fill that old garbage can by the side of the house, I thought "hey, that would be a good way for my totally self motivated oldest daughter to earn a little cash." So, on Saturday complete with a bag tied to the stroller and hand sanitizer we set out to see if we could find any cans. Well, as far as I know and have seen, there are no homeless people in Junction City. I honestly don't mean to make fun of the depravity of other people's lives, because they do a great service in keeping our earth beautiful because of the need for ready cash. Well, because no one else is doing that service, you would be surprised to see how many cans there really are here. Jacob was appalled, and almost couldn't look when our little five year old Camilla would come bounding up to us, completely elated, holding a beer can that was spilling on her shoe. "She will live; it's good for immunity," I said, as he was already handing out the hand sanitizer (and he's the one in the Army!) Anyway, just from our walk we picked up 20 cans. Camilla talks about it all the time and can't wait for us to get enough so that we can take it down and turn them in for money. Five year olds are frustrating to say the least, but they sure are fun.

1 comment:

Brewer's Ink said...

Remember the full beer cans we would find, and would carefully carry home to drown the slugs in the backyard? Good memories!

Awhile back while I was walking, I kept coming upon beer bottles instead of cans. I knew I was a little fanatical when I found myself saying, "Well, if they're GOING to drink beer, they might as well drink it out of a CAN!"

Ah well. Happy can hunting!