Happy 4th Birthday Hyrum!
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Happy 4th Birthday Hyrum!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Touch A Truck
Saturday morning we went to a library sponsored event called "Touch A Truck" where they had several large trucks you could climb in. Hyrum was in heaven!
On Satruday in the afternoon we went to Apple Days on Ft Riley. It's an annual event also called Ft Riley Open House. The main attraction is the homemade pies they sell that are made with Custer's wife's secret recipe. I bought a pie, just to see, and it was good, but didn't even compare to my mother's old standard. But there were other things to do as well.
Friday, September 18, 2009
It seems like just yesterday that I saw you for the first time. You looked up at me with those big blue eyes, and then you started to cry. And now you are 6! You're tall, and beautiful, and smart. My dear Camilla, here are six things I love about you.
2. You are full of good ideas. You have really learned how to manipulate me, and can usually get your way by giving me a well thought out argument, and reasoning with me in a mature fashion. You have good brains.
(Camilla's 2nd birthday)
3. You are athletic and adventurous. You love excercise and running, and hiking. I love how you aren't afraid to try new things, and how you work at them and work at them until you get it right. I will never forget how hard you worked at the monkey bars, and the hula hoop, and how you can do both well.
4. I love how you have learned to see the beauty in everyplace we have lived. I thought when we moved to Kansas away from the mountains that you loved so very much in Colorado, and the ocean in Maryland, and Grandma and Grandma and Grandpa in Arizona that you would never come around to seeing the beauty here (you hate the wind), but then yesterday you told me that Kansas is the best place to live. Keep that attitude and you will go far.
5. I love how you love learning about the gospel. You love singing Primary songs, and love saying the prayer. You know it's important to be reverent during church, even if you're not perfect at it. And you love to the see the temple. Nothing makes me happier than to see how much you love the temple.
6. I love how loving you are. Yes, you have your other moments too, but at the end of the day you are always so quick to give a hug and kiss. You love to hug Mary and Hyrum. When you talk about Grandma Wilson or Grandma and Grandpa Jones you always say "Oh, I just love her," or "Oh, I just love them." You are just so loyal, and Camilla I just love you too.