Friday, April 3, 2009

Easter Bunny

We had a visit today from someone we weren't expecting to see for another week.

The kids came running to get me, "there's a rabbit in the back yard!" I went running too, and sure enough they were telling the truth. I said, "it must be the Easter Bunny coming to see if you are being good." And then, oh the horror on their faces, Camilla asked, "were we being good Mommy?" "Yes, I think you were."

Later I sent them on an errand to see if they could figure out what the rabbit was eating in our yard. It worked, they left me alone for a little while, but then came back with wild stories of eggs in the tree. So there you have it, the Easter Bunny has found us in Kansas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahah that is so cute! How exciting

Rachel and Jared Lautenschlager said...

How funny-we had a bunny in our backyard yesterday too! I think my kiddos scared the daylights out of him, but it certainly was fun to let them know the Easter Bunny was out and about!

Brewer's Ink said...

Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail . . . can you please send him our way, to scare my kids into being good :)

Rachel A. Scott said...

that's really cute. at least that visit from the bunny will keep them on their toes and hopefully be good for you until Easter Sunday.