Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Why I Should Trust My Mother

As far as I know, there are only two dishes my mother refuses to make for my father. The first is liver and onions and the second is corned beef and cabbage. Poor dad. Well even though St. Patrick's Day was a couple weeks past, I decided I would try corned beef and cabbage this week. I mean, could it really be that bad? Well, Jacob and Hyrum ate it, and Camilla and I pushed ours around on the plate. Needless to say mom, I will never make it again. Unfortunately I was really hoping I would like it, but I guess there just have to be some dishes a wife must refuse to make. I will try to trust you better next time.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

That's funny--I decided to try that this year too because it was on sale everywhere--I actually made it in the crock pot with some potatoes and a brown sugar and apple juice sauce--the kids actually really loved it and so did Jack, but I wasn't as fond of it myself--I'll probably do it at least once a year though for the holiday. How fun about the bunny!

Anonymous said...

I made it for Kara, Christa, Jared and I. Kara and I were the only ones that really picked at it-it wasn't very good. But Jared begged me never to make it again. Guess it won't be a tradition in our home!

Brewer's Ink said...

I made it once, and vowed never to do it again. This year I started feeling guilty though and thought I might try it again - luckily I never got to the grocery store to buy it. Our St. Patty's day dinner is usually a roast with potatoes and carrots (done in the crockpot), and a box of red jello that somehow turns green when we add water. The older kids still haven't figured out how that one works yet!