Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Gone Fishin'

When I was a little girl (4 or 5) I bought my dad a fishing pole. He wanted one, and so mom decided, that gift could be from me. From that point on I was always fascinated with fishing. Well, we never got to use the pole; and dad, don't feel bad I really do understand. Life gets busy, and sometimes you live in Arizona, where there really aren't a whole lot of places to fish. Jacob was the same way. Growing up without a dad, the opportunity never arose to learn. Well, then we moved to Kansas, where fishing is a big deal. We bought a license, we bought some poles, and had a great tutor (thank you Kent). This is the result.

Jacob caught a fish as soon as the bait hit the water. Some people have all the luck.



Hyrum was so excited, he could hardly wait his turn. Of couse he wanted to reel in as soon as the pole was in his hands.
No, I didn't catch anything, only Jacob did, but the scenery was beautiful. Oh well, there's always next time.

Camilla and Addie Tilley.

Jacob's first fillet.

The fish tasted great, and you can be sure we will go fishing again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that's cool! Good for Jacob! I never had any luck with fishing either-though I can count on my one hand the few times I've actually tried and went. That will be a fun activity to do as a family!

Brewer's Ink said...

Glad you're getting to do all the things that AZ never afforded you! I enjoy fishing. Glad you had a good time.