Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hope you had a Happy 4th

Our 4th started with a visit. Jacob found it downstairs, and we think it came in when it stormed the night before.




Don't worry, he killed it. Poor thing.

Then we had a barbecue and attempted to burn down our house. Because fireworks are highly illegal in Arizona, I tend to go a little overboard when I live in legal states. But we did have some nice ones. Jacob enjoyed playing with them for the first time.

I specifically avoided ones that said they shot into the air. Oooops.


Ethne and Hyrum. Hyrum was explaing to Ethne the whole time how they work. "You see, you light it with fire, and then run, and then whooosh!" He is so my dad in miniature.
This picture is deceptive, so don't worry mom, she isn't touching the sparkler. I actually had it quite out of her reach, and we were being very careful. She sure liked it though.
I wasn't aware, however, that she got so excited she spit up all over herself.
As far as big fireworks go (you know the big big ones like they have in the shows), apparently you can buy them here. People were setting them off in their driveways. Who knew, and I was worried about the ones I bought that shot just a few feet in the air. We really had a great time, though, and thanks to our friends for sharing the evening with us.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

How fun to do your own fireworks--we only got to do that once, and I went overboard too--I love the picture of the sparklers with the little ones!

Anonymous said...

That's fun! Wish they were legal in california! But i guess it wouldn't matter this year since we drove down to Phoenix anyways.

Kavahei said...

2 Years ago when Rebekah and I were in Utah for the 4th of July we did some stuff like that. Although not as dramatic! :)Looks like you guys had fun! Miss Ya!!!! :)