Sunday, August 9, 2009

Our Newest Adventure

For years now Jacob has wanted to go kayaking. When he found out that Outdoor Rec. on post had some you could rent, he has been determined he was going to rent a kayak before he goes to Iraq. Well, we discussed it, talking about just him going or him and I going, and then he went to outdoor rec and found out that some of their kayaks roll, but while there he saw some canoes. Well, he decided to put the kayak thing on hold, and thought we as a family should go canoeing. So, on Thursday we rented a canoe, and went on quite the adventure.
Canoes are very unsteady and the slightest movement makes them rock like crazy making you feel like you are going to tip and fall out, but thankfully we didn't.
I was nervous practically the whole time, especially because we had Mary Emma with us, even with her life jacket on I was worried, but soon the rocking of the boat didn't get to me anymore. Jacob was having the time of his life, but the kids would cry and yell at each other when either of them moved and the canoe rocked.

After we finally managed go against the current and get back to shore, I took Mary Emma out and the kids got a chance to row, and Jacob got to tip the boat over. We all really did have a good time, and look forward to trying out a row boat next time.

2 comments:

Katy B. said...

Wow! You're lil' family has quite the adventures!:) Dave and I need to try canoes with our kids...although the lakes here arent' as pretty as the one you all were at.:)

Anonymous said...

Haha I'm glad he waited to tip the canoe until after Mary Emma was out! I'm like you- canoe's make me feel nervous since you feel like your going to tip at any moment. Glad you had fun-or at least Jacob did :)