Saturday, September 12, 2009

Raising my Father and a Little Mischief

Raising My Father

For those of you who don't know my father he is the type of guy who loves putting things together, fixing things, and figuring out any type of mechanical problem. He is also the man who was always assembling our Christmas presents almost before we could get them open.
Well dad, I'm raising you.
My son Hyrum Ray, who we ironically named after my father Ray Jones, is just like my father in that he has a fascination with putting things together, fixing things, and the toolbox. On Thursday I bought a new vacum (yes Jacob, that small one from Maryland was driving me crazy, and so I put it downstairs). I told Hyrum not to touch the box. He opened the box. So I told him not to take anything out of the box under any circumstances. I came back to this . . .
(he assembled the vacum all by himself)
Hyrum is a very very obedient boy. He truly is a model of good behavior, until something comes in the house in a box, or the toolbox is opened. I shake my head, but I can't get mad because I realize he just can't help it. The urge to put things together, and to use tools is just too strong; he simply can't fight it.
Raising a Little Mischief
On Friday in the space of about a half an hour, Mary Emma did this . . .
(ate a green crayon)
And this . . .

(pulled all the kid books off the shelves; you can tell she knows she was being naughty)
What a cute little mishcief!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, those are such funny stories!

Anonymous said...

Haha i think that's funny that Hyrum is like Grandpa, at least he'll be able to fix things around the house when he gets older!

Sarah and Jon said...

I think is my favorite post so far, that is so awesome about Hyrum! Mary looks a little freaky with that green mouth...