Friday, September 18, 2009

6 Things I Love About You

It seems like just yesterday that I saw you for the first time. You looked up at me with those big blue eyes, and then you started to cry. And now you are 6! You're tall, and beautiful, and smart. My dear Camilla, here are six things I love about you.

(Camilla one day old)
1. You are such a big helper. When I married daddy I had no idea that every other year he would leave, and that I would have to raise you kids much of the time by myself, but Heavenly Father knew and so he sent you. I don't know how I would do it without you, you just know how to take care of the other kids, and they look up to you as an example, and as another mother. Although I do have to remind you a lot that I am the mother :)

(Camilla on her "real" first birthday, we celebrated early because Jacob was in Basic Training on her actual birthday)

2. You are full of good ideas. You have really learned how to manipulate me, and can usually get your way by giving me a well thought out argument, and reasoning with me in a mature fashion. You have good brains.

(Camilla's 2nd birthday)

3. You are athletic and adventurous. You love excercise and running, and hiking. I love how you aren't afraid to try new things, and how you work at them and work at them until you get it right. I will never forget how hard you worked at the monkey bars, and the hula hoop, and how you can do both well.

(Camilla's "real" 3rd birthday, once again we celebrated early because Jacob was leaving for Iraq right before her birthday)

4. I love how you have learned to see the beauty in everyplace we have lived. I thought when we moved to Kansas away from the mountains that you loved so very much in Colorado, and the ocean in Maryland, and Grandma and Grandma and Grandpa in Arizona that you would never come around to seeing the beauty here (you hate the wind), but then yesterday you told me that Kansas is the best place to live. Keep that attitude and you will go far.

(The day before Camilla's 4th birthday)

5. I love how you love learning about the gospel. You love singing Primary songs, and love saying the prayer. You know it's important to be reverent during church, even if you're not perfect at it. And you love to the see the temple. Nothing makes me happier than to see how much you love the temple.

(Camilla's 5th birthday)

6. I love how loving you are. Yes, you have your other moments too, but at the end of the day you are always so quick to give a hug and kiss. You love to hug Mary and Hyrum. When you talk about Grandma Wilson or Grandma and Grandpa Jones you always say "Oh, I just love her," or "Oh, I just love them." You are just so loyal, and Camilla I just love you too.

(Camilla's first day of school this year)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU BIG 6 YEAR OLD!!!

(Camilla on Sunday Sept. 13, 2009, she had just gotten out of the bath and her hair was curly just like it used to be)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That was a very sweet post. It was fun seeing the pictures of her growing and changing. What a darling little girl you have!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Camilla! I can't believe she's gotten so big, I remember visiting you guys and being sad to leave cus I knew Camilla and Hyrum would never be that little anymore. One things for sure- she's kept those gorgous blue eyes!