Sunday, May 17, 2009

April was a busy month

In fact April was so busy it has taken me over a month to post anything!

Easter was freezing, as you might be able to tell. Mary Emma didn't seem to mind, but she was the exception, not the rule.



Freezing and raining I might add. That was one brave Easter bunny to go out and hide all those eggs.

I love Hyrum's primary teacher. She comes up with the cutest stuff, and such a cute boy to go along with it.

We put in a garden, the kids helped, and they got all muddy . . .
. . . so we let them hose themselves off with freezing cold water!
Jacob's mother came to visit and we took her all around to the church history sites. It was a first for us on most of them too.
This first picture is from the Independence Visitor's Center. It was alright, but the missionary giving us the tour was a little bitter she wasn't proselyting, and was bound and determined we were going to give her names (although it would be much more practical to give the sisters in our own ward names), oh well.

I know I'm a downer, but Liberty Jail wasn't as neat as I thought it would be either. It was interesting, but I think I have felt the spirit a lot more reading the accounts in the Doctrine and Covenants and watching the seminary videos, but now I can say I have been there, and that was cool.

If you ever go to one church history site in Missouri, make it Far West Temple Site. There is no one there at all, the grounds are beautiful, and you can see in every direction all the emptiness of what were once a people's hopes and dreams. It is truly a sacred site.
After Jacob's mom went back to Phoenix, we decided to check out Milford Lake. It's pretty cool. Check out Camilla's ponytails.
So, those were the good parts of a very busy, I'm glad it's over, crazy month.

2 comments:

The Lorenc Family said...

You guys have a great history for cold Easters! haha! I feel the same way about Liberty jail. Actually, it kinda' creeped me out. Hey, maybe we should meet up sometime! How far away are you guys?

Kavahei said...

Too much to comment on. Thanks for the church history tour and the updates on my cute nieces and nephew. Way fun.