Sunday, May 17, 2009

The best 7 years


7 Reasons that these 7 years have been the best:

1. I did all 7 with you, even the times we were in different states, parts of the country, and on different continents, we were together in ways only you and I can understand.


2. You have loved me unselfishly, even through all the times I haven't loved myself. You have stood by me uplifting me, and I don't think you even understand how much I depend on those sweet simple loving words you so effortlessly say to me.
3. You have helped make this a marriage partnership with the Lord. You keep your temple covenants, you honor your priesthood, you teach our children, and you lead our family in righteousness. Bless you for blessing us.
4. Your serious, and seriously I need that. Even though you don't like to dance, and you don't get even half as excited as I do about volcanoes, you do remind me what is really important. I wouldn't change you, not at all.
5. You make my life exciting. Alright, so you leave me a lot, but I'm not complaining. I have traveled clear across the United States, you let me serve a mission in the Caribbean, I have future opportunities to see more and do more than I ever could have hoped in my wildest dreams, and it's all because of you. You gave me the adventure I thirsted for as a girl, and yes I don't like you being gone, but like I always say, "something has to give," (and you know you love checking countries and states off your list too :).
6. You saved yourself for me, you saved all of yourself for me. I don't think it could have happened, you and I meeting like we did if you hadn't been as true to me then as you are to me now. I can't imagine the nightmarish life I would be leading if somehow you and I weren't worthy to meet at that birthday party, and at the CES Broadcast. What if you hadn't served a mission? I'm shuddering, time to move on . . .
7. You are my best friend. You treat me kindly, you understand me, you support me and you're just plain fun to be around. Who else will pause a movie for me just so I can discuss some historical detail. Who else would be so patient with my ADD issues, when I sometimes just plain forget to do the dishes or wash the clothes. But it doesn't matter because we are friends, and we laugh at each other, and sing old Michael Mclean songs, and spot each other on the organ, and watch the birds from our kitchen table, and get the kids and the backpack in the van in a moments notice to go hiking, and both enjoy unpacking our books more than anything else, and know that if we ended up on a desert island together we would actually hope nobody would come looking for us. You are the friend I longed for, and now have spent the seven happiest years of my life with. Although you are in California, and I'm in Kansas, Happy Anniversary! I love you, and I will never stop loving you.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

That was really sweet! Hope this month apart flies by! We miss you guys already.

Katy B. said...

I am so happy you and Jacob found each other too!:) He is very lucky to have you Allison and hopefully he won't have to be away from you and the kids for much longer.:):):)

Thank you for your sweet words. I didn't know and feel very blessed you shared them with me.:)

Sarah and Jon said...

wow, you wrote a lot!!! Good job! You an Jacob are so wonderful together. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Its been seven years???? I doesn't seem like its been that long! I can stil remember you coming off your mission and Jacob being there and everyone just waiting for you to announce your marriage. Too funny! I am glad you guys got married, your great a great aunt and uncle and great parents!

The Lorenc Family said...

Yay! Congratualtions! You guys are too cute!

Brewer's Ink said...

Hey - appreciating dancing and volcanoes is a sister thing - it's okay, for him to leave us some things to connect with you on! It can't ALL be about the two of you ALL the time.

Glad you found each other . . .
the first time -
before you left -
and again as you came home.

Congrats on 7 years and the 70x7 still to come :)

Horn Family said...

That is very sweet!!! What an awesome way to say Happy Anniversary!!!!