Monday, October 12, 2009

News from Iraq

I though what Jacob had to say today was pretty amusing:

"I always wondered what would happen if I found myself presiding in a church meeting and also the only one who plays the piano/organ. Yesterday was that day. Since I was just called and set apart a week ago, and the calling of my two assistants is in the works, I was all by myself on the stand and then I would sit and play the hymns for sacrament meeting. I already scrubbed the group of members for those who play, so I know no one is holding out on me.

One neat thing about being with the MP’s is I get to train with them. We have a M249/M240 automatic weapons range on Wednesday and, of course, I get to shoot 200 rounds per weapon just like all the joes. "

Shooting guns and playing piano, I think he's doing quite well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha keeping himself amused is always a good thing :)

Brewer's Ink said...

We always knew that he was multi-talented!