Monday, October 26, 2009

So Big!

My dear Mary Emma, it seems so hard to believe that a year has really gone by. However, what seems even harder to imagine, is my life, without you. I love you so much my dear baby girl, but in honor of your birthday, the one thing that I love most about you is your smile.

You always seemed happy and content. Not crying for days after you were born, peacefully making the long trip from Maryland to Kansas in your first week of life. Daddy and I would look back at you and you would be quietly sleeping with your face toward the sun coming in your window.
And then you started smiling at us, and you won us over completely. A bad day would turn good with one look at you.




And then you started smiling at other people, and I began hearing from behind me in line, "Oh look, that cute baby is smiling at me." I still hear it. You are like a patch of sunshine, full of happiness, and you make the world such a better place by just being you.


You are full of life and joy.


And then you started sticking your tongue out, but that's ok, because it made all of us smile.
Who knew we would all need you so much this deployment, Camilla, Hyrum, and myself. After daddy had just left, he called and asked about you. I told him you were performing your role perfectly; healing our aching hearts with your overwhelming amount of love and joy.

Mary Emma, thank you for coming to us, and for just being you.
Happy 1st Birthday!

3 comments:

sbelnap said...

She is so adorable, i can't believe how happy she is! you are truly blessed to have a baby like her. luv you guys!

Blake & Melissa said...

Holy cuteness!! I can't believe it has been so long since we last saw you guys! We've left AZ and are in UT now...wanna come for a visit?

Brewer's Ink said...

What a sunny disposition - the "sun" genes must have come from her Mom! Happy Birthday, Mary Emma!