Friday, October 9, 2009

Plays and Pumpkins

We bought pumpkins the other day at the commissary. I usually like to go to a pumpkin patch and all that, but it just wasn't going to happen this year. However, Mary Emma sure loves them.

On Wednesday I took Camilla and her friend Ethne to the Opera House in downtown Junction City to see a play of The Jungle Book. We were the first ones to arrive in the theater; I sometimes forget I live in a small town and you can get places five minutes early and be just fine. Oh well, the girls loved having the run of the theater.
As you can see by the two excited girls standing there, we had balcony seats. When I ordered tickets I was shocked to find the house nearly sold out (10:00 am on a Wednesday!) and those were the best seats we could get. I figured a school must be coming, but imagine my surprise when class after class of first graders came in. The entire theater was filled with first grade classes from Junction City and Fort Riley, including, ironically, my two girls in the balcony seats. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and Camilla is still talking about it, which means it was a success.

1 comment:

Brewer's Ink said...

You do so many fun things with your kids! They are going to be so well rounded.